Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Dad Question

Since Chris has been gone I have wondered how the boys especially Jaxson would explain where dad was. So the other day Jaxson had a friend over and the conversation went something like this.

Friend: How many people are in your family?

Jaxson: Well there is Payton, me, Carter, my mom and my dad. Well there was five but now there is only four.

Friend: Why is there only four now?

Jaxson: My dad is gone

Friend: Where did he go?

Jaxson: He lives in North Carolina now.

Friend: Why? Doesn't he love you anymore?

Jaxson: Yes my dad really likes me!

Friend: Then why did he leave?

Jaxson: He got a job. Can I trade you for a different dino bite?

And that was the end of the conversation so Chris just so you know until we all live together again we are now a family of four and not five. I guess in Jaxsons eyes you have to live in the house to be counted as part of the family but at least he has the whole job thing down and he knows that his dad loves him. So I guess when the house sells and we all live together again we will become a family of five once more.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Okay that is hilarious and sad at the same time! Cute kiddos.