Friday, June 27, 2008

Disappointed Kids

Every year at about this time we are packing up and getting ready to go to the lake and stay on the houseboat. The kids talk about this for months and this year it was no different everyday I hear are we going to Grandpa's houseboat today I would tell them not today but soon. So at the beginning of the week we started the count down they were so excited they could hardly stand it all they could talk about was fishing, catching turtles and swimming in the water. I have to admit I was getting excited also for a little vacation with Chris and the kids but as the week progressed it didn't look so good first Carter got sick and then Jaxson followed by Payton just when I thought everyone was better Carter got a fever again then to top it off there were fires all around the lake which means a lot of smoke so we decided to cancel the trip. The kids are so sad and keep asking me if we can leave in an hour so now I will have a few more weeks of having them ask when we can go to Grandpa's houseboat hopefully the kids will get healthy and the fires will stop and we can go soon. Until then we can look at the pictures from last year and imagine the fun we will have when we finally get there.



3 comments:

Adrienne said...

That's so hard for kids to understand - I love how excited they get about camping. Were scheduled for our first camping trip with Mason in a few weeks, and are crossing our fingers that the fires clear up - or else we will have to cancel too. Hope everyone is healthy soon -

The White Way said...

I'm so sad. I was looking foward to the lake and seeing you guys. Hopefully you will still be able to come. The smoke is starting to clear.

Hailey Happens said...

Becky Baby!
I just found out that you have a blog? I miss you! I miss the houseboat as well!