Monday, December 22, 2008

Our Elf on the Shelf

Chris's Aunt Jill sent the kids "The Elf on the Shelf" it is an elf that you sit around your house and he watches what you do and at night he goes and reports to Santa and then when you wake up the next day he is in a different spot so you have to look around the house and find him. The first thing the kids had to do was come up with a name for the elf and immediately Jaxson named him Gerald I have no idea where he came up with that. Chris and I have loved having Gerald around all we have to do is mention that he is watching and the kids stop what they are doing it is so nice we were saying we are going to have to keep Gerald around year round instead of just at Christmas. The kids have had so much fun with Gerald every morning they wake up and try to find where he is at and to be honest I think that Chris is having just as much fun trying to find different places to put Gerald. Below are some of the spots Gerald has turned up.



4 comments:

More Caffiene, Please said...

We love our elf, too. Only he had to go back to The North Pole last week because Santa was so busy (and we were out of tall hiding places) but he came back last night with a note of things he'd noticed that we need to improve on. Works like magic!

Lindsey said...

This is hilarious! What a cute idea!

Emily said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Becky that is the cutest thing!!! Jeremiah and I were reading your blog and laughiong histerically. that is such a great idea! and the name Gerald...PRICELESS!!!! ha ha ha ha!

The White Way said...

That is a great idea! I need one of those.