Today was Jaxson's first day of first grade he was so excited and I was kind of sad. I thought dropping him off at kindergarten was hard, but I found leaving him today to be even harder. I think it was because I knew he would be there all day instead of just a few hours. Anyways back to Jaxson like always when he is excited about something he is up bright and early and it was no different this morning he could not wait to get ready for school and help me pack his lunch. Then he kept looking at his watch and telling me the time literally ever minute until it was time to go. Once we got to school he walked right in put his backpack in his cubby and then he was off to play and he didn't even really look back when I told him goodbye. I think it was because he had his friend Gavin with him and could not wait to get to the playground and play. He is so big now and sometimes it is nice that he doesn't need me to do everything for him anymore, but I do miss my little boy especially on days like today when I see him walk down the hall and not look back to see if I am still there. This is Jaxson outside the house before school annoyed that I am taking a picture and not taking him to school.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Our First Grader
Posted by Becky at 9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That put a pit in my stomach! I can't imagine sending Hannah off to school - I would lay on the sidewalk and cry! haha.
He looks so cute for his first day of school though - and I think it's so sweet that he was so excited! Hopefully that lasts a long time!
Post a Comment