Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Surprises

Yesterday was our 8th wedding anniversary and since Chris had surprised me with a day at the spa on Saturday and I surprised him with the gun that he has been talking about for months it made for a great anniversary. I don't know who was more excited about the gun Chris or the boys so they all convinced me to go out shooting with them. I will have to admit it was fun watching the boys and Chris shoot. Jaxson is actually pretty good at shooting his BB gun he hit the targets three times which is better then what I did when I tried shooting Chris' gun. I forgot my camera when we were out there so Jaxson wanted to make sure we got a picture when we got home. Back to the spa it was so great I didn't realize how much I needed a little time alone. I felt a little guilty when I left Chris with the kids but once I got there I forgot all about the guilt. It was a great anniversary we actually got to go to dinner and spend some time together thanks to Kolter and Lindsey who were willing to watch the kids for the night. It is so nice to go out and eat without anyone throwing food on the floor or having a sword fighting with the eating utensils. Chris and I decided we needed to do this more often a little break from the kids is nice every now and then and I think it helped me to be a little more patient.

5 comments:

More Caffiene, Please said...

I can't believe it was eight years ago that we were at your wedding! Happy anniversary and I'm so happy for your spa day... there is nothing better than time alone sometimes!

Clark Fam said...

I wont tell Tyler that Chris got a gun as an anniversary gift. I'm afraid it might set a new standard for gift giving; and I am not buying him a gun! Congrats on 8 years. Lets go to dinner sometime without the kids; it would be fun.

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary - Glad you had a great dinner together - and a trip to the spa sounds Amazing!!! What a lucky girl!

Emily said...

PRICELESS!!!! glade all got the things that make them happy! one more gun down...how many more to go??? ha ha ha. I love you guys! miss you so much!

Cheryl Nicholls said...

Looks like the boys have got the gun feaver like their dad. Great picture. I can't believe how big they are getting!!!